ZTE MF61 Searching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZTE MF61 Searching...

I followed the instruction on how to unlock ZTE MF61. I stated that it was unlocked. I also downloaded ZTE Generic Connection Manager and ZTE Generic USB Drivers since I could not find the driver for the ZTE MF61. I am running this on Windows 7.

Post that - I faced 2 Scenarios:
    1. When I insert TMobile SIMCARD, it works normal.
    2. When I insert another SIMCARD (Carrier unlocked) which works with a different network, and then try to configure via the ZTE Connection manager I saw 1) the connection manager not detecting the unit (the unit is hooked to the USB Port), and 2) the Unit states on it, it is searching for network but does not find it

I am not sure what to do next. I am trying to test it so when I travel, I can use a local SIM at destination country instead of TMobile where it eats my budget.

BTW I paid full price so I am not under any TMobile legal obligations and I am not under any contract - It is pay as you go...

How do I get this unit to detect the right network and how do I configure the ZTE connection manager to detect the unit?

Thanks for any help

What kind of T-mobile sim card are you using. I am using a Phone sim card wich includes unlimited data. but it is not working.

Comment

ZTE MF61 Searching

I am using AT&T Phone SIM with unlimited data. It works on an unlocked USB Dongle, but it does not work in the MF61.

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfi57 View Post
        I am using AT&T Phone SIM with unlimited data. It works on an unlocked USB Dongle, but it does not work in the MF61.
        you said in your early post " when you use t-mobile sim card it works.

What kind of t-mobile sim card do you use?
        one from a phone that includes unlimited calling text and web or one that is just for data?

I am trying the same mf61 with t-mobile phone sim and it is just routing me to t-mobile account # website no matter what address you put in the url

Comment

ZTE MF61 Searching...

I used the SIM that came with the Unit from T-Mobile.

When I unlocked the unit with DC-Unlock, I stuck the AT&T SIM and it did not work but when I use the original SIM, the Unit works. What I was trying to convery is the fact that the unit did not become a brick when I unlocked it however it does not seem to work with the AT&T card.

I tried earlier today another TMobile Phone SIM from a friend, and this does not work either. So I am not sure what I gained with this unlock procedure....

It seems ZTE/TMobile has signal signature and card types built into these devices. I am just speculating here

Comment

I used the SIM that came with the Unit from T-Mobile.

When I unlocked the unit with DC-Unlock, I stuck the AT&T SIM and it did not work but when I use the original SIM, the Unit works. What I was trying to convery is the fact that the unit did not become a brick when I unlocked it however it does not seem to work with the AT&T card.

I tried earlier today another TMobile Phone SIM from a friend, and this does not work either. So I am not sure what I gained with this unlock procedure....

It seems ZTE/TMobile has signal signature and card types built into these devices. I am just speculating here
            Copy here what is detected by dc-unlocker when there is other provider sim card inserted.

Comment

This is what is being detected with both cards

With the T-Mobile SIM

DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0717

Detecting card :

selection :
              manufacturer - ZTE modems
              model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : MF61
              Model : ZTE MF61
              IMEI : 355786040531654
              Firmware : BD_MF61V1.0.0B07
              Compile date / time : Jan 25 2011 21:27:30
              Chipset : Qualcomm
              SIM Lock status : unlocked

================================================== =================

With AT&T SIM
              DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0717

Detecting card :

selection :
              manufacturer - ZTE modems
              model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : MF61
              Model : ZTE MF61
              IMEI : 355786040531654
              Firmware : BD_MF61V1.0.0B07
              Compile date / time : Jan 25 2011 21:27:30
              Chipset : Qualcomm
              SIM Lock status : unlocked

================================================== =================

Comment

I added an attachment to show how the ZTE software behaves with the 2 SIMs
                Attached Files

Comment

I added an attachment to show how the ZTE software behaves with the 2 SIMs
                  This is wifi device, try to use it and configure with web panel, not the software.
                  As I know this software is for modems, not routers.

Comment

ZTE MF61 Searching...

Thanks Vincentas.

I followed the wifi route. It is not working. I am starting to believe that it may not have unlocked properly.

When I unlocked I used a non working SIM from a european card that it asked me for the PUK which I did not have. But I proceeded on and it stated it was unlocked. So I am not sure if it truly unlocked. I like to restart and try to unlock it against the AT&T Sim that I am trying to get working.

Is there a procedure to reset and restart the unlock procedure as if it was new?

I tried with DC-UNLOCK but the button is greyed since it detecting the unit is unlocked.

Comment

Thanks Vincentas.

I followed the wifi route. It is not working. I am starting to believe that it may not have unlocked properly.

When I unlocked I used a non working SIM from a european card that it asked me for the PUK which I did not have. But I proceeded on and it stated it was unlocked. So I am not sure if it truly unlocked. I like to restart and try to unlock it against the AT&T Sim that I am trying to get working.

Is there a procedure to reset and restart the unlock procedure as if it was new?

I tried with DC-UNLOCK but the button is greyed since it detecting the unit is unlocked.
                      If dc-unlocker show your modem as unlocked, it means it is unlocked. You can not relock and unlock it again or reset unlock.
                      Sim inserted does not effect unlock. There may be any sim. It only must be not from same provider.
                      Try to configure your modem by web panel, that you access by browser.

Comment

ZTE MF61 Searching...

After your earlier comment, I am only going through the web browser.

I have attached an image showing all of the combinations for what I entered into the web interface.

I also used some combinations with manual DNS for AT&T that I found on the AT&T website for setting up their own dongles and MiFi .

None of the combinations worked!

I am wondering if anyone get this device working after getting it unlocked and if so, what was the data they entered in the APN entries.

Hey folks, can you please share?

Thanks,
                        Attached Files

Comment

ZTE MF61 searching

...not sure whether here are more new entries at this thread, but I ran into the same issue like lutfi57:
                          unlocked the device but it does not show any networks for example in Germany.
                          All APN settings on my opinion are only important AFTER a network is found.
                          I guess I can finally re-try the functionality when I will be back to the US...
                          Does anybody know whether it is possible to load a different firmware on this device?
                          All my investigations so far did not show any solid tech specs for the MF61 vs. the MF60 (Wifi n support is sometimes shown for MF60 not for MF61...).

Comment

Searching ...

Hi,

I just bought the unlocker from DC-unlocker, followed the procedure received by email and at the end of the process received the message "Card successfully unlocked". Infact this was the case since from the web panel all the settings as appeared regardless of the SIM (before the setting page appeared only with the original T-Mobile USA SIM card).

The unlocking seems to work, but the modem is unable to find any network in Europe. Even with "manual network select" it appears an empty list.

It looks like the firmware of the MF61 has been modified in order to restrict the network search on the T-Mobile USA band, which currently is not used in Europe and probably will never be.

I believe the only way to use the device on other networks requires unlock + firmware update.

Can anybody help on the firmware side? What kind of firmware to download and where?

Best regards

Comment

Unlocked ZTE T-Mobile MF61 working only with few operators and won't never work in EU

I just completed some further research about the ZTE T-Mobile MF61.

If you unlock it you cannot use it in Europe.

The MF61 can receive and transmit only in the AWF band as stated in the ZTE website (see also attached picture):

The AWS band used by T-Mobile USA is called BAND IV and uses the frequency 1710-1785 to transmit and 2110-2155 to receive.

The band used in Europe for 3G is called IMT or Band I and uses the frequency 1920-1980 to transmit and 2110-2170 to receive.

As of 24-Dec-2011 the AWS Band or Band IV is used only by the following carrier:
                              - USA: T-Mobile, Cincinnati Bell Wireless
                              - Canada: WIND Mobile, Mobilicity, Videotron
                              - Chile: VTR, Nextel

This means that if you unlock the ZTE MF61 from T-Mobile you will only be able to use it ONLY on the network mentioned above.

In order to use the ZTE WiFi router in Europe you need the MF60 that works on the IMT band or Band I. The MF61 is sold by many carriers in Europe.

Source:
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by standard2020; 2011-12-23, 11:13 PM. Reason: New title

Comment

Working...
                              X