Refund Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aranfielder View Post
    Which driver is that then? Because I've tried linking it to every driver I can find for the P10 plus and clearly I'm missing something vital.
    You need to search driver for USB SER, not for P10 plus.

Comment

Thank you. I found the USB SER driver.

But now when I try to open DC Phoenix is says "Licence Expired. Please Renew".

Comment

Originally posted by aranfielder View Post
        Thank you. I found the USB SER driver.

But now when I try to open DC Phoenix is says "Licence Expired. Please Renew".
        Time license extended for 3 more days from today.

Comment

Thank you for that.

So I had a scour over it last night. DC Phoenix, HCU, DC Unlocker, all still weren't detecting the phone after the update of the driver.

So I tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it and now I get "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device" and it won't install and refers me back to the manufacturer.

Unfortunately at this point I'm pretty sure the phone is beyond repair. Having found someone else having the same original issue a few years ago (https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum/...or-p10-vtr-l29) but with a standard P10, it looks like the advice was that it was dead. Windows is detecting that something is there but it doesn't really know what it is and it can't apply the drivers to it anymore. I've tried restarting the computer and I've tried to pull the drivers from a different source and no luck.

I'm not sure why it worked with recognising the driver at first and now it doesn't.

Comment

Still awaiting an update on this.

Comment

If there is no way to install testpoint drivers when the phone appears as USB SER in the device manager then there is nothing further that is possible to do for it only main board replacement. If you manage to install it however and make it appear under ports as Huawei COM 1 - meaning it is in testpoint mode, then you should attempt to flash board software into it and hope it will boot into the factory home screen with several factory maintenance apps visible from there full restoration of the mobile should be possible.
              Last edited by Valdemaras; 2023-08-07, 06:59 AM.
              >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
                If there is no way to install testpoint drivers when the phone appears as USB SER in the device manager then there is nothing further that is possible to do for it only main board replacement. If you manage to install it however and make it appear under ports as Huawei COM 1 - meaning it is in testpoint mode, then you should attempt to flash board software into it and hope it will boot into the factory home screen with several factory maintenance apps visible from there full restoration of the mobile should be possible.
                This is what I thought in the first place and why I opened a refund request some 3 weeks ago now.

Comment

Sadly refund for the time license is not available regardless of the outcome, it was possible to refund when you had 4 credits and if you still have it is still possible to refund them. If your phone is visible as USB ser and you have tried to apply both testpoint driver packs from the tutorials and none of them helped then there is certainly something wrong with the device/os of the computer as those drivers been used successfully for years now.

Comment

From what I'm seeing on the forum, I'm in the same boat as all other P10 plus users who have come before me. At no point during prompting for the timed licence was I told that it was considered any differently to the credits. The software is prompting people for more money, despite the success rate seeming to be zero for this device, and charging people an additional €19 for the privilege. Please consider looking into the guide and how it conflicts with the P10 series because the forum results really do show that it's not working for this phone and I wish I'd seen those posts before I'd handed over the money in the first place.

Please refund the 4 credits.

Comment

The request for a refund of 4 credits has been forwarded and should be completed later in the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X