X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdemaras
    replied
    Originally posted by emusic View Post
    The "EC122_Firmware_TCPUB104D04SP00C000(Normal).zi p" file had been downloaded from your support area (a link from the Unloker's window).
    Apparently you can not write this firmware because your devicedetected with Hardware version : CE1EC156M , maybe there are more modems connected to pc when you try to update your ec122? And are you sure its ec122? Do you use autodetect option by the program or you select model manually?

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    The "EC122_Firmware_TCPUB104D04SP00C000(Normal).zi p" file had been downloaded from your support area (a link from the Unloker's window).

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    I used firmware and dashboard upgrade files from dc-files.com with several Huawei modems (E160, E1550, E172/173, E176) with invariably excellent results so I'm sure they provide correct upgrade applications. 11.104.04.01.656.B704 firmware can be downloaded from many communication related sites and is considered to be a "de facto standard".

No more modems are connected to the computer. Moreover, no other COM ports exist (it is a modern notebook). I tried all of these update applications on both this notebook under Win7 x64 and a desktop under XP x86, with exactly the same results.

Could you please suggest a way to analyze the problem? I'm an experienced hardware/computer engineer and low-level software developer so I could use some advanced methods, if any.
    If you have downloaded this firmware file from dc-files then try to download one from our support area website that is accessed from CDMA modems unlocker program's help tab. Let me know if it also says that modem that is connected to pc is not ec122.

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    I used firmware and dashboard upgrade files from dc-files.com with several Huawei modems (E160, E1550, E172/173, E176) with invariably excellent results so I'm sure they provide correct upgrade applications. 11.104.04.01.656.B704 firmware can be downloaded from many communication related sites and is considered to be a "de facto standard".

No more modems are connected to the computer. Moreover, no other COM ports exist (it is a modern notebook). I tried all of these update applications on both this notebook under Win7 x64 and a desktop under XP x86, with exactly the same results.

Could you please suggest a way to analyze the problem? I'm an experienced hardware/computer engineer and low-level software developer so I could use some advanced methods, if any.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    I bought EC122 in China. It was locked to China Telecom but I didn't use it for a connection yet (have no R-UIM card, bought to use in Ukraine in the future).

I downloaded CDMA Unlocker 1.0020, bought 4 credits (account name is "emusic") and performed unlock action. Unlocker reported no warnings/errors and now reports that modem is unlocked now:

Modem COM port : COM4
    Applications COM port : COM6
    QC Diagnostics port : COM5
    CGMM name : EC122
    MEID : 00000000000000
    ESN : 12DF060C
    IMSI : 000000000005964
    Serial number : HIABYA92C0510498
    Hardware version : CE1EC156M
    Firmware : 11.106.07.00.000
    Firmware Build Date : May 13 2011 22:12:22
    Dashboard version : ChinaTelecom_V2.1.0(0516)_Mac21.005.15.00.45_Linux 21.005.15.00.45
    Chipset platform : QUALCOMM
    Chipset name : Qualcomm MDM6085
    R-UIM settings: R-UIM Only
    Lock status: Not locked

Since I have no R-UIM card now, I just wanted to replace China Telecom dashboard with a plain Huawei one. So I have downloaded Dashboard_WIN_UTPS11.030.01.04.03.B409 from dc-files.com (from EC122 selection) but it is unable to detect the modem (error code 3 - data card is not found).

I have downloaded EC122_Firmware_TCPUB104D04SP00C000(Normal). It successfully detects the modem, switches it to download mode (blinking blue light turns to continuous green). If the updater is started first time after inserting the modem in a particular USB slot, "installing drivers for your hardware" balloons appear (as I understood, because of switching modem to the bootloader mode). On successive updater runs, no such balloons appear.

The updater doesn't ask for a code. After several seconds, it aborts with error message: "The wireless terminal inserted is not EC122X_2K, update wizard can't work on". Modem remains with continuous green light until removed. After re-insertion, modem works normally.

I tried to change to a plain Huawei firmware and have downloaded EC122Update_11.104.04.01.656.B704. It successfully detects the modem too, switches it do download mode but after several seconds aborts with error message: "Error Code:17, The wireless terminal inserted is not EC122X_2K, Update Wizard can't continue". If I click OK quickly, it closes otherwise it hangs and can be closed only by process termination. After several seconds, continuous green light changes to blinking blue and the modem returns to normal operations without re-insertion.

How can I download plain Huawei firmware and dashboard to the modem?

I noticed that MEID is all zeros now but don't remember whether that was from the beginning. Can it be meaningful? In the examples, I see that MEID is all zeros after unlocking but changes after downloading the "normal" firmware.
    dc-files.com is not our website nor we advertise it or suggest for our users. Also maybe at update time there are more modems connected to pc?

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    I bought EC122 in China. It was locked to China Telecom but I didn't use it for a connection yet (have no R-UIM card, bought to use in Ukraine in the future).

I downloaded CDMA Unlocker 1.0020, bought 4 credits (account name is "emusic") and performed unlock action. Unlocker reported no warnings/errors and now reports that modem is unlocked now:

Modem COM port : COM4
    Applications COM port : COM6
    QC Diagnostics port : COM5
    CGMM name : EC122
    MEID : 00000000000000
    ESN : 12DF060C
    IMSI : 000000000005964
    Serial number : HIABYA92C0510498
    Hardware version : CE1EC156M
    Firmware : 11.106.07.00.000
    Firmware Build Date : May 13 2011 22:12:22
    Dashboard version : ChinaTelecom_V2.1.0(0516)_Mac21.005.15.00.45_Linux 21.005.15.00.45
    Chipset platform : QUALCOMM
    Chipset name : Qualcomm MDM6085
    R-UIM settings: R-UIM Only
    Lock status: Not locked

Since I have no R-UIM card now, I just wanted to replace China Telecom dashboard with a plain Huawei one. So I have downloaded Dashboard_WIN_UTPS11.030.01.04.03.B409 from dc-files.com (from EC122 selection) but it is unable to detect the modem (error code 3 - data card is not found).

I have downloaded EC122_Firmware_TCPUB104D04SP00C000(Normal). It successfully detects the modem, switches it to download mode (blinking blue light turns to continuous green). If the updater is started first time after inserting the modem in a particular USB slot, "installing drivers for your hardware" balloons appear (as I understood, because of switching modem to the bootloader mode). On successive updater runs, no such balloons appear.

The updater doesn't ask for a code. After several seconds, it aborts with error message: "The wireless terminal inserted is not EC122X_2K, update wizard can't work on". Modem remains with continuous green light until removed. After re-insertion, modem works normally.

I tried to change to a plain Huawei firmware and have downloaded EC122Update_11.104.04.01.656.B704. It successfully detects the modem too, switches it do download mode but after several seconds aborts with error message: "Error Code:17, The wireless terminal inserted is not EC122X_2K, Update Wizard can't continue". If I click OK quickly, it closes otherwise it hangs and can be closed only by process termination. After several seconds, continuous green light changes to blinking blue and the modem returns to normal operations without re-insertion.

How can I download plain Huawei firmware and dashboard to the modem?

I noticed that MEID is all zeros now but don't remember whether that was from the beginning. Can it be meaningful? In the examples, I see that MEID is all zeros after unlocking but changes after downloading the "normal" firmware.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    Originally posted by sabby_singh View Post
    One thing I notice is that esn of my modem become 00000000 & not info of ruim or nv (with dc hawei cdma) is shown & I'm using cdma service with this device not gsm wcdma but if if it can work with gsm wcdm then it sure I want to use that too
    What version of huawei CDMA unlocker you have installed? Latest one is 1.0020 that shows R-UIM settings, if you do not have it yet download it from first post in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• sabby_singh
    replied
    Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
    See this guide https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ec156-de...lock-procedure for unlocking Huawei EC156 modem.
    One thing I notice is that esn of my modem become 00000000 & not info of ruim or nv (with dc hawei cdma) is shown & I'm using cdma service with this device not gsm wcdma but if if it can work with gsm wcdm then it sure I want to use that too

Leave a comment:

• shura
    replied
    actually it started from there only but after unlocking ec156 there was no network we thought it is due to dash board & mts dashboard work well.but it works with ec122 only for that ec156 converted to ec122 & ec122 mts dashboard but the remain the same i.e. no network
    if it has any other process which could work fine then plz share
    CDMA modem not correct work MTS dashboard fot GSM WCDMA phones. Use INTERTELECOM and PEOPLENET dashboard for EC122 EC156 modem.
    need files? please send me PM.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    actually it started from there only but after unlocking ec156 there was no network we thought it is due to dash board & mts dashboard work well.but it works with ec122 only for that ec156 converted to ec122 & ec122 mts dashboard but the remain the same i.e. no network
    If you are going to use r-uim card, have you changed R-UIM settings like shown in the guide? It also may be so because you have converted your device to ec122. Is device recognized by computer? Maybe some drivers are missing for it.

Leave a comment:

• sabby_singh
    replied
    See this guide https://www.dc-unlocker.com/ec156-de...lock-procedure for unlocking Huawei EC156 modem.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    yes,originally it is ec156,I tried all possible method restarting,rewriting but same problem
    is there any issue of prl or nv in these devices?
    If yes plz share

Leave a comment:

• sabby_singh
    replied
    Try to restart/reconnect your modem. You have wrote firmware to ec122, then unlocked it, correct?
    yes,originally it is ec156,I tried all possible method restarting,rewriting but same problem
    is there any issue of prl or nv in these devices?
    If yes plz share

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    after upgrading to ec122 & unlocking no network,any solution
    plz share
    Try to restart/reconnect your modem. You have wrote firmware to ec122, then unlocked it, correct?

Leave a comment:

• sabby_singh
    replied
    after upgrading to ec122 & unlocking no network,any solution
    plz share

Leave a comment:

Working...
X