X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdemaras
    replied
    We have a beta solution to Repair or Write MEID if it doesn't exist in device for the Huawei cdma modems. Please contact us by Live Support Chat to test it. Our working time is Monday – Friday, from 10:00 to 19:00 gmt +2.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    Originally posted by emusic View Post
    Could you please explain what do you mean by the "IMEI/MEID problems"? As I understood from some CDMA articles, not all modems have MEID. Earlier modems have ESN only. My modem does not have MEID on its sticker so I think it is a non-MEID one.

CDMA Unlocker description and/or Unlocker itself don't even mention that MEID is mandatory for unlocking or firmware updating. So it seems like CDMA Unlocker is useless for my modem but I had no way to know it from the beginning.

Most probably ESN-only modems have an algorithm to calculate flash code/password from ESN.
    Please contact us by Live Support Chat here - https://www.dc-unlocker.com/contacts . If there is no MEID in your modem we will try to write it.

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
    Apologies, but as mentioned earlier we do not provide solutions/support related to IMEI/MEID problems therefore i do not have requested information about it.
    Could you please explain what do you mean by the "IMEI/MEID problems"? As I understood from some CDMA articles, not all modems have MEID. Earlier modems have ESN only. My modem does not have MEID on its sticker so I think it is a non-MEID one.

CDMA Unlocker description and/or Unlocker itself don't even mention that MEID is mandatory for unlocking or firmware updating. So it seems like CDMA Unlocker is useless for my modem but I had no way to know it from the beginning.

Most probably ESN-only modems have an algorithm to calculate flash code/password from ESN.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    Could you please recommend an inexpensive tool to change MEID? By googling, I found only CDMA Workshop that is an expensive ($108) complex solution.
    Apologies, but as mentioned earlier we do not provide solutions/support related to IMEI/MEID problems therefore i do not have requested information about it.

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    Could you please recommend an inexpensive tool to change MEID? By googling, I found only CDMA Workshop that is an expensive ($108) complex solution.

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    Unfortunately, it shows ESN too.

BTW, I have QualComm tools package but unfamiliar with them. May they help to modify MEID?
    Apologies but dc-unlocker does not provide support/solutions for IMEI/MEID problems. You need to find out your devices MEID number to generate firmware update code for it.

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    Try to donwload firmware updater for ec122 and run it to see what information it shows
    Unfortunately, it shows ESN too.

BTW, I have QualComm tools package but unfamiliar with them. May they help to modify MEID?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    There is no MEID in firmware updater window. In the example provided on your EC156 unlocking page, I see MEID field under "Target version" one. But as I run the updater, it shows ESN instead.
    Try to donwload firmware updater for ec122 and run it to see what information it shows, don't proceed with update, just check the same information screen like you posted earlier and quit updater.

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    Your MEID is shown as all zeroes on firmware updater setup as well?
    There is no MEID in firmware updater window. In the example provided on your EC156 unlocking page, I see MEID field under "Target version" one. But as I run the updater, it shows ESN instead.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    I already tried to generate the code but, as I mentioned earlier, my MEID is all-zeros and Unlocker Client replies "Invalid MEID".
    Your MEID is shown as all zeroes on firmware updater setup as well?

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    Run frimware updater, when your device is detected by it, use MEID number shown there to generate firmware code.
    I already tried to generate the code but, as I mentioned earlier, my MEID is all-zeros and Unlocker Client replies "Invalid MEID".

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    I repeated unlock operation in the Client, it was performed successfully. Then I disconnected the modem, re-connected it back and ran firmware updater downloaded from your support area. It asked for a password, I entered "34528025" obtained from the Client but updater still says "Password error".

What to do next?

BTW, if I repeat "Detect device" command in the Client, it often shows failure messages on some "reading xxx" lines and shows "Locked" in the status line. But sometimes, if there are no errors, it shows "Not locked".
    Run frimware updater, when your device is detected by it, use MEID number shown there to generate firmware code.

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    I repeated unlock operation in the Client, it was performed successfully. Then I disconnected the modem, re-connected it back and ran firmware updater downloaded from your support area. It asked for a password, I entered "34528025" obtained from the Client but updater still says "Password error".

What to do next?

BTW, if I repeat "Detect device" command in the Client, it often shows failure messages on some "reading xxx" lines and shows "Locked" in the status line. But sometimes, if there are no errors, it shows "Not locked".

Leave a comment:

• emusic
    replied
    Original firmware was from China Telecom, I have flashed a firmware found in the net. But really, it has the same version number as original one. Maybe they are identical.

But why EC156Update_11.106.00.06.000.B416.exe downloadable from your support area doesn't accept unlock code generated by the Client? Or I should repeat all unlocking steps from the beginning?

Leave a comment:

• Valdemaras
    replied
    As I wrote earlier (#52, #56), all unlocking steps for my EC156 camouflages as EC122 were performed successfully (firmware update tools didn't ask for a code) and Unlocked client showed "Not locked" for the modem. But I had no RUIM card to test.

Today I have purchased RUIM card from the local SkyLink operator. As I inserted the card into modem, connected it to PC and ran Mobile Partner (non-branded), it said "Only the specified UIM card can be used on the device". I ran Unlocker client 1.0020 and now it says that modem is locked again (both with and without RUIM card):

Modem COM port : COM11
    Applications COM port : COM17
    QC Diagnostics port : COM16
    CGMM name : EC122
    MEID : 00000000000000
    ESN : 015A0E0D
    IMSI : 111111110000000
    Serial number : HIABYA92C0510498
    Hardware version : CE1EC156M
    Firmware : 11.106.07.00.113
    Firmware Build Date : May 17 2011 12:15:26
    Dashboard version : UTPS16.001.05.00.45_MAC15.001.08.01.45_LNX15.001.0 8.01.45
    Chipset platform : QUALCOMM
    Chipset name : Qualcomm MDM6085
    R-UIM settings: R-UIM Only
    Lock status: Locked (Card Lock)

I tried to upload with EC156Update_11.106.00.06.000.B416.exe taken from your support area, it asked for a code. I entered the code provided by Unlocker client (34528025) but Updater tool said "Password error, update failure".

I tried to generate a code with Unlocked client but it doesn't accept all-zeros MEID code.

Why the modem could become locked again and how to unlock it back?
    It seems that you have flashed back original firmware to device as it had non customized earlier, was it so? If so, then thats why it got locked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X