I tried this on an unlocked (by DC-unlocker, thanks guys ) E1550 and got

AT^CVOICE?
    ^RSSI:18
    ^CVOICE:0,8000,16,20
    OK

AT^CVOICE?
    ^CVOICE:0,8000,16,20
    OK

Does this look OK? If not, is there a way to redirect audio to PC Voice mode?
    Yes its perfect - it means that voice is redirected to PC.

Comment

• Excellent, thank you very much. It looks like the E1550 is smart enough to realize that it lacks a sound output port ...

Comment

• Originally posted by femtodude View Post
        Excellent, thank you very much. It looks like the E1550 is smart enough to realize that it lacks a sound output port ...
        No - its due to voice activation improvement since version 411 beta.

Comment

• i already updated my firmware to this E160Update_11.608.08.81.00.B409 and my dashboard has voice feature too im using E160, im using now my dongle for internet and surfing meaning its connected to a network and i try to run the dc-unlocker but it cant read my usb modem..... any help pls ??

Comment

• Originally posted by sirrich View Post
            i already updated my firmware to this E160Update_11.608.08.81.00.B409 and my dashboard has voice feature too im using E160, im using now my dongle for internet and surfing meaning its connected to a network and i try to run the dc-unlocker but it cant read my usb modem..... any help pls ??

I see that Mobile Partner is opened on the background. You need to exit completely the Mobile Partner(close the programm), after that detect modem with dc-unlocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by panatar View Post
              Ok - you don't need to update firmware - just activate voice and you'll be fine. Send AT^U2DIAG=276 after that.
              thank you.

Comment

• E160 sending sms

hi,

i have a question :

is possible to send sms with sim card 3G+ in my key ?

else i must put a simcard gsm and put GSM Only on mobile partner ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by badre2911 View Post
                  hi,

i have a question :

is possible to send sms with sim card 3G+ in my key ?

else i must put a simcard gsm and put GSM Only on mobile partner ?

Thanks in advance.
                  Yes you can send smses with your 3G card if your data plan includes SMS.

Comment

• Originally posted by badre2911 View Post

i have upgraded firmware E160Update_11.608.08.81.00.B409, i have enter a password firmware generated from dc-unlocker, => is not ok
                    i have a message box below

the wireless terminal inserted is not E160, update wizard can't work on.

where is a problem, why the update say me that is not E160 ?

i have tested with tree other firmware and i have a same message

Thanks in advance.
                    You receive this message "the wireless terminal inserted is not E160, update wizard can't work on." because the firmware version you are trying to flash into the modem is lower then the firmware version of modem itself. Once again - you don't need to upgrade firmware.

Comment

• Hi, a question here from E156G user.

I unlocked voice in my firmware (11.608.05.00.264), but I realized that my reseller has published the firmware update (B409) - I guess I won't need any unlock codes or so. But the question is: will the voice feature be still unlocked or should I re-unlock it after reflash? What will give me the new (E156Update_11.609.10.00.264.B409.zip) update?

Comment

• Originally posted by kozlov View Post
                        Hi, a question here from E156G user.

I unlocked voice in my firmware (11.608.05.00.264), but I realized that my reseller has published the firmware update (B409) - I guess I won't need any unlock codes or so. But the question is: will the voice feature be still unlocked or should I re-unlock it after reflash? What will give me the new (E156Update_11.609.10.00.264.B409.zip) update?
                        Voice feature will stay unlocked. What new firmware gives to you you could read in changelog that comes with firmware(optional).

Comment

• None comes, only executable w/EULA text. AP code entering will be needed?

Comment

• Originally posted by kozlov View Post
                            None comes, only executable w/EULA text. AP code entering will be needed?
                            AP code you mean FLASHCODE? Not needed.

Comment

• I meant AT^CVOICE? to check if voice is activated or AT^U2DIAG=276 to activate it in case if it didn't for some reasons.

Report from battlefield.

At first I replaced dashboard, then unlocked voice and CD/SD. After that I've checked it in Windows (all worked) and Xubuntu 8.10 (didn't, when before voice unlocking modem worked like a charm) & Ubuntu 9.10 LiveCD (modem did work, then after a while it stopped and I couldn't get it anymore).

Now I have fw 11.608.08.81.00.B409 (I don't know which is newer or better, this or 11.609.10.00.264.B409, but I see differences in speed or coverage strenght; if you have a word about versions, spread it). After unlocking voice feature with some of your betas I've activated CD-ROM and SD card reader and all is working fine (@Windows XP; Linux tests soon), sound from my mobile is in computer speakers, sound from computer Stereo Mix is in my mobile.

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

• Any success with HUAWEI E170/E172? I can not find firmware with voice support. Will appreciate any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X