No announcement yet.

Stuck on Bootlogo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly, I may not understand phone software but PCs are definitely my territory and I'm sure the PC driver is fine. it was recognising the phone and read all the other settings fine. It was also working perfectly right until I reset the phone. So I personally doubt that was ever my problem. Clearly "lock boot info" is the key failure message.

And the good news is ... *** PHONE FIXED ***

The key message for other users is not to worry about the "lock boot info" messages above. This only means the phone is locked to your Google account. When you successfully factory reset the phone (as shown below), it will ask you to log into your google account as a security measure against phone theft. You can then delete your google account if transferring ownership. So do not try FRP unlocking (as I did!) or any other unlocking as it'll be a waste of time and money.

However "lock boot info" seemed to upset DC Phoenix and all 3 restore methods and images failed. I won't offer a reason why (not my area of expertise), instead I chose to retry Huawei's own eRecovery method. *** Important to note that it didn't work first time. *** So I tried it again (as below) and it worked perfectly.

IMPORTANT: Charge your phone and do the following when NOT plugged into USB to avoid getting the Fastboot screen.
    1. Reboot the phone by holding down the Volume Up and Power keys until the Huawei logo appears. Release keys.
    It should now boot into Huawei's EMUI screen and should have options for 'wipe cache' and for 'factory reset'. Reboot as above if not.

2. Select to wipe the cache and wait until that's carried out.
    3. Select to reset to factory settings and follow the instructions.
    4. Phone will reboot. IMPORTANT: Logo will stay on up to 10 minutes before it powers off so WAIT.

Power up as normal and when it reboots, the setup screen for a new phone should be displaying. (Yay!!!)

If not displaying the new phone startup screen, you are probably seeing the Huawei wifi eRecovery load screen. (Aww!)
    This will not have the "clear cache' and 'factory reset' options.
    If getting something else then reboot holding both Volume Up and Down and Power to get the eRecovery screen.
    Follow the eRecovery instructions to register with your wifi network and then load a factory image over wifi.
    Reboot and the image will show as 'loading'. Wait until it has finished and reboot.
    It may boot into 'new phone mode' (Yay!!) or back into eRecovery mode. (Aww!!)

IMPORTANT: If the phone keeps booting into the eRecovery screen, repeat from 1. above - it will work!
    If for some reason the key presses for eRecovery and EMUI screen aren't as above then try holding Volume Up and Down as well as Power.

I AM NOT A PHONE EXPERT so the above is just my personal experience and hopefully offers encouragement to other users. I share your frustration in trying to get help and all the cul-de-sacs you may have gone down.

Comment

Working...
    X