Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediapad m5 lite 8 lte JDN2-L09 emui 9.1.0

Hi,

Would you mind please to suggest please how to obtain bootloader code as need to unlock it?
    Code:
    dc-unlocker2client_1.00.1428

Firmware ver.: System 9.1.0.040(1NZA)
    Dataver: (unknow)
    FASTBOOT:Chipset-miami9.1.0.(0FMF)_FASTBOOT
    BOOT: (unknow)
    RECOVERY: (unknow)
    SYSTEM:System 9.1.0.040(1NZA)
    MAINVER:System 9.1.0.040(1NZA)
    DATAVER :(unknow)
    APTIME:Wed Oct 28 03:24:21 CST 2020

Current security patch not supported!
    Looking through pages it seemed that dc-unlocker should work - it is Kirin710 device.
    Looking closer, it seems like I might be wrong and it might be just HCU working - but thought that same codebase is used.

Do I need to use testpoint or maybe have to downgrade to v8 (have no clue how and little RTFM pointing to the right place would be great to get).

Can't get code. Bootloader unlock for it possible only via software/hardware testpoint, guide: https://hcu-client.com/huawei-bootlo...via-testpoint/
    software testpoint available for devices with up to android 10.0
    Bootloader may relock on 10th and above android, to permanently have it unlocked would need to downgrade to android 9

>>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Is it sufficient to to use the dc-unlocker 4 credits or requires a conversion to temp license or something?
      Are there any other risks associated with testpoint?
      The underlying need for bootloader unlocked is rooting the tablet.

Hopes are that by the time Huawei will release upgrade to 10, there will be a way also on v10 to get around the problem.

Thanks again!

Comment

Need timed license account not credits.
        There are risks when using testpoint - not advised for random user.

Comment

Would you mind to outline risks and what could cause them?
          Aim is to assess risk level knowing i.e. if it could become a complete brick or how to avoid it.
          All I need is root and giving a phone to a service guy, doesn't make it bulletproof that he has any more knowledge of the process even if should.
          Having IT experience and some rooting experience (but one could call it script kiddie, as didn't develop anything, just used other's ROMs, etc. I can deal with basic issues - where I'm stuck is development of tools or as in this case Huawei devices - used to use Lenovo, Samsung, Sony and each of them rooted (via TWRP/CWM/Magisk/SuperSU) and effectively installing if needed other ROMs.

So, not a complete noob, but not a pro - private user who likes Huawei and all what's needed is the root - just hate to be in walled garded aka jail

What are costs of temp license? I'd probably try to use it over the weekend or maybe better next week as if would run into troubles to have a chance to ask for directions here.

Thanks.

Comment

The risk - damaging phone beyond software repairs, frying board, it still can be repaired but only by replacing parts on device.
            Time license costs from 19 euros 3 days of use and up, it shows price when you select item on purchase page.

Comment

Would adding 15E of credits would work to get time/temp license? (still have 4E/credits from original purchase for unlocker).

Comment

Originally posted by hikinloader View Post
                Would adding 15E of credits would work to get time/temp license? (still have 4E/credits from original purchase for unlocker).
                Yes, you would just need to inform us about it, then we could convert your 19 credits into 3 day time license account.

Comment

Hi Valdemaras,

I would like to return to the subject of unlocking with question if grounding hardware test-point would allow to work dc-unlocker or any other way to get the bootloader unlocked?
                  Earlier I got pulled into other private priority matters and this subject went on a side and came back as I'll have to open tablet anyway to replace the screen - hence the idea back to unlock the tablet.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, it is supported for bootloader unlock via testpoint if it runs android 9 https://hcu-client.com/supported-models.php

Comment

I might be doing something wrong though running into issue.
                      I'm using hardware testpoint, Windows discovered "HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 (COM8)" port under COM & LPT ports.

Steps taken (after opening tablet):
                      1. Manufacture mode enabled (*#*#2846579#*#*, Project Menu -> Background Setting -> USB ports setting).
                      2. Tablet powered off.
                      3. Testpoint grounded (main chip metal cover).
                      4. USB connected (whilst testpoint grounded).
                      5. COM8 selected and "Read phone info" selected in HCU Client.

Tried also first checking account. Tried also starting tablet, in that case COM 1.0 (COM8) disappears and standard set of ports is presented to PC.

Running on Win7, HCU Client v1.0.0.0382 and old EMUI 9.

Output shows:
                      ###
                      Read phone info
                      2023-12-02 16:37:56.125 Open COM port COM8 (HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 (COM8))...
                      2023-12-02 16:37:56.245 Start read phone info!

2023-12-02 16:38:06.167 ERROR!

2023-12-02 16:38:06.171 No response!
                      ###

Port auto-select didn't work, hence manual selection.

I'm pretty sure, I'm doing something wrong and would appreciate info where is an issue in above procedure or if I've missed anything?

image.png

Comment

I might be doing something wrong though running into issue.
                        I'm using hardware testpoint, Windows discovered "HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 (COM8)" port under COM & LPT ports.

Steps taken (after opening tablet):
                        1. Manufacture mode enabled (*#*#2846579#*#*, Project Menu -> Background Setting -> USB ports setting).
                        2. Tablet powered off.
                        3. Testpoint grounded (main chip metal cover).
                        4. USB connected (whilst testpoint grounded).
                        5. COM8 selected and "Read phone info" selected in HCU Client.

Tried also first checking account. Tried also starting tablet, in that case COM 1.0 (COM8) disappears and standard set of ports is presented to PC.

Running on Win7, HCU Client v1.0.0.0382 and old EMUI 9.

Output shows:
                        ###
                        Read phone info
                        2023-12-02 16:37:56.125 Open COM port COM8 (HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 (COM8))...
                        2023-12-02 16:37:56.245 Start read phone info!

2023-12-02 16:38:06.167 ERROR!

2023-12-02 16:38:06.171 No response!
                        ###

Port auto-select didn't work, hence manual selection.

I'm pretty sure, I'm doing something wrong and would appreciate info where is an issue in above procedure or if I've missed anything?

image.png
                        Your phone is in testpoint mode but you have selected Manufacture mode detection/connection on the top, you need to witch it to xloader if you tablet is supported, you will need to select then correct loader matching your tablets cpu and then attempt the detection during which device should enter fastboot mode and appear under android device in device manager.

Comment

Thanks for swift response.
                          Trying to read phone info, it requires to check account and even after this, it still stays on this.

Would you mind please to provide steps required to use it? Looking at fastboot tab, what needs to be filled in? Hope is that only switch to bootloader unlocked and nothing else as rest looks pretty scary.

image.png

Comment

Thanks for swift response.
                            Trying to read phone info, it requires to check account and even after this, it still stays on this.

Would you mind please to provide steps required to use it? Looking at fastboot tab, what needs to be filled in? Hope is that only switch to bootloader unlocked and nothing else as rest looks pretty scary.

image.png
                            You need a timed license account to use services via testpoint. Tutorials for HCU tool are here https://hcu-client.com/category/tutorials/

Comment

Working...
                            X