Mifi 5792 Liberate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mifi 5792 Liberate

Is there likely to be an unlock for the AT&T Liberate?

Or is there any OEM unlocked firmware available

Any help or suggestions welcome

Thanks

Could you detect it by dc-unlocker and copy here what is detected?

Comment

ATT Liberate aka MiFi5792 - Novatel

It seems there is no USB driver available for the MiFi5792 so the DC Unlocker software does not see it. The one driver they post is for the GPS location and the unit shows up as a GPS device on Port 7.

The set up page is html (ie web server from the Mifi) and the only other way is to use it as a wifi source.

Its suggested that this unit is a souped up version of the 2372 Mifi, but that driver does not work. My mac reports this as "MiFi5792"

Any suggestions on how I can get info about the modem for you??

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jaa6921 View Post
        It seems there is no USB driver available for the MiFi5792 so the DC Unlocker software does not see it. The one driver they post is for the GPS location and the unit shows up as a GPS device on Port 7.

The set up page is html (ie web server from the Mifi) and the only other way is to use it as a wifi source.

Its suggested that this unit is a souped up version of the 2372 Mifi, but that driver does not work. My mac reports this as "MiFi5792"

Any suggestions on how I can get info about the modem for you??

Thanks
        After you connect to computer, do you see it in device manager? If so, where in device manager you see it?

Comment

1> There is an entry under ports

Novatel Wireless VCOM GPS Port (Com 7)

2> There is an entry under Network devices

Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device

Comment

Could you make a screenshot of device manager with spreded "network devices" and "ports" lines? If possible, it would be better if could contact us by Live SUpport Chat, you can do it here:https://www.dc-unlocker.com/contacts . Our working hours are Monday- Friday from 10:00 - 19:00 gmt +2.
            >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Device List

Here is a screen shot of my Device Manager showing before and after attaching the Mifi5792
              Attached Files

Comment

For further investigation we will need you to contact us by Live Support Chat.

Comment

Mifi5792 ATT Liberate

I appreciate the time you spent working with me today

It appears there is no current unlock solution available at this time. Please post when you may have something that allows this modem to be used with other SIMs

Thanks

Comment

Is there any update for the MIFI 5792?

Comment

Originally posted by Sbloccato View Post
                      Is there any update for the MIFI 5792?
                      Unfortunately no, no new updates regarding this device.

Comment

If I sent you the device would that help?

Comment

Originally posted by hafftrak View Post
                          If I sent you the device would that help?
                          That might help, but you should know that if you send device to us, we won't be able to return it back. Also we can not guarantee you that it will become supported 100%.

Comment

Okay so I fully understand that you may not be able to support it but why can't you send the device back?

Comment

Originally posted by hafftrak View Post
                              Okay so I fully understand that you may not be able to support it but why can't you send the device back?
                              That would encourage customers to send us their devices to unlock them and return them then, therefore we do not do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X