Problems After Unlocking MIFI 2372

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems After Unlocking MIFI 2372

I unlocked my novatel 2372 mifi the other day with dc-unlocker but have been having problems getting it to work. It says on the dc-unlocker program its unlocked. Ive put in the sim but everytime i connect to it via wifi the device does not flash (meaning no devices are connected to the mifi) even though my device says it has connected, (i have tried it with one android device and one windows 8.0 computer). Also if I plug it into the computer via usb it will not show the landing page if the chip is in. If there is no chip i can connect to the device in both situations, i have tried two chips but with the same outcome.

I have also tried flashing generic firmware and reflashed back the carrier firmware. I unlocked it with this chip inserted inside but am unable to unlock it again without it in as the dc-unlocker account only permits me to do it once per device (i thought it was unlimited for the same device/ imei).

We never had these problems before with the original carrier, unfortunately i dont have that sim anymore and cant purchase them here. In fact, before the unlock it accepted the same SIMS before and i could login to the mifi over wifi and via usb connected to the computer. Obviously though it said network locked hence the unlock via dc-unlocker.

Ive run out of ideas and am pulling out my teeth here trying to figure out why it will not connect. Please advise, at the moment i essentially have a semi-bricked device.

Username pedro2000

Originally posted by Pedro1977 View Post
    I unlocked my novatel 2372 mifi the other day with dc-unlocker but have been having problems getting it to work. It says on the dc-unlocker program its unlocked. Ive put in the sim but everytime i connect to it via wifi the device does not flash (meaning no devices are connected to the mifi) even though my device says it has connected, (i have tried it with one android device and one windows 8.0 computer). Also if I plug it into the computer via usb it will not show the landing page if the chip is in. If there is no chip i can connect to the device in both situations, i have tried two chips but with the same outcome.

I have also tried flashing generic firmware and reflashed back the carrier firmware. I unlocked it with this chip inserted inside but am unable to unlock it again without it in as the dc-unlocker account only permits me to do it once per device (i thought it was unlimited for the same device/ imei).

We never had these problems before with the original carrier, unfortunately i dont have that sim anymore and cant purchase them here. In fact, before the unlock it accepted the same SIMS before and i could login to the mifi over wifi and via usb connected to the computer. Obviously though it said network locked hence the unlock via dc-unlocker.

Ive run out of ideas and am pulling out my teeth here trying to figure out why it will not connect. Please advise, at the moment i essentially have a semi-bricked device.

Username pedro2000
    Are the connection settings correct according to new operator sim card? I mean have you changed apn settings for your device to work with new card?
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
      Are the connection settings correct according to new operator sim card? I mean have you changed apn settings for your device to work with new card?
      Yes i have tried the following:
      Current APN settings for cellular
      New APN settings for modem
      Old APN settings for modem.
      No APN settings

Interestingly my friends dongle connecs with the new APN settings for modem and with none at all.

I have also tried the following:
      Every wifi setting possible none, WEP, WPA, WPA2, Mixed WPA.

I have attached some screenshots with SIM inserted.
      Blue solid wifi light (as shown) means available but not connected.
      The other blue light power light is flashing meaning that hdspa is available but not connected, this occurs when chip is inserted even with auto connect activated so i know it isnt connecting irrespective of which APN settings are inserted.

I also turned off auto connect as you should be able to access the landing page while not connected to the network but with the SIM in, irrespective of APN settings. Remember I could insert this SIM prior to the unlock (irrespective of apn settings) and access the landing page and even adjust thoose apn settings, obviously i couldnt connect as it was network locked.
      Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to attach a screenshot of the client device, as you can see its connected but the modem wifi light is solid which indicates nothing is connected but wifi is broadcasting.
        Attached Files

Comment

I forgot to attach a screenshot of the client device, as you can see its connected but the modem wifi light is solid which indicates nothing is connected but wifi is broadcasting.
          If device accept other provider sim card, it is unlocked. Please check connection settings one more time if they are correct as it is most common problem why modem does not connect to network.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
            If device accept other provider sim card, it is unlocked. Please check connection settings one more time if they are correct as it is most common problem why modem does not connect to network.
            I have tried the APN settings again for the carrier and it produces the same results. I have tried with or without password, with no security, with pap and with chap security, old modemapn, new modem apn and cellular apn.

The device simply no longer accepts this sim card, i have tried a friends sim card too but the same results occur. I dont believe this is related to APN, inserting the SIM card appears to crash the modem or at least the WIFI/ MIFI aspect of the modem.

Before I could login to the modem irrespective of APN settings and whether a SIM card is inserted or not. At the moment if I want to adjust any settings including APN or access the landing page I have to remove the SIM card, reboot the modem, adjust, reinsert the sim and reboot again to test - its a tedious process going through all those possible APN settings combinations.

???

Comment

I have tried the APN settings again for the carrier and it produces the same results. I have tried with or without password, with no security, with pap and with chap security, old modemapn, new modem apn and cellular apn.

The device simply no longer accepts this sim card, i have tried a friends sim card too but the same results occur. I dont believe this is related to APN, inserting the SIM card appears to crash the modem or at least the WIFI/ MIFI aspect of the modem.

Before I could login to the modem irrespective of APN settings and whether a SIM card is inserted or not. At the moment if I want to adjust any settings including APN or access the landing page I have to remove the SIM card, reboot the modem, adjust, reinsert the sim and reboot again to test - its a tedious process going through all those possible APN settings combinations.

???
              Does the sim card you test it with is working? You have tested it on another device?

Comment

Yes it works in my cell phone without any problems. I have also tested my friends sim card from his modem, it works in his modem but doesnt in mine. I still do not understand why after the unlock inserting a sim prevents devices from connecting to the MIFI?

Comment

Yes it works in my cell phone without any problems. I have also tested my friends sim card from his modem, it works in his modem but doesnt in mine. I still do not understand why after the unlock inserting a sim prevents devices from connecting to the MIFI?
                  I still assume that your connection settings are incorrect as your device does not indicate that invalid sim would be inside it, you should contact operator of the sim cards network to receive correct ones.

Comment

I obtained the latest, correct apn settings from the operators a few weeks ago. I also checked in my friends settings for his modem and they were the same. In addition I have tried over 10+ apn combinations with these settings - there are no more. There is no possiblity that this is apn related. I used to be an IT technician too so I know a lot about modems too.

For some reason, once the sim card is inserted this prevents client devices from connecting to the router via wifi or usb. Remember prior to the unlock this mifi would allow devices to connect to the router. Unfortunately if a client device cannot connect to the device there is no possiblity of the mifi connecting to the internet - irrespective of APN settings.

Even if it did auto connect without someone connected to the mifi via wifi or usb you still wouldnt be able to use the internet as the mifi shares its internet connection via wifi or usb.

Processes
                    Connect to mifi via wifi etc
                    Once connected successfully device auto connects to internet or you can manually do it.

*Device cannot connect to mifi/ router successfuly so mifi will not attempt to connect to internet using APN settings (i.e. they are irrelevant at this point) - you need to take a step back.

Comment

I've still made little progress with this and doubt I'm going to make much headway. I'm unsure as to the cause of this problem, device fault, SIM card compatibility, firmware or a problem with the unlock process. It could be caused by numerous issues. Either way you may wish to think twice about unlocking this device, incidentally this was the AT&T version o)

Comment

Working...
                      X