No modem detected for Mifi 5792 - Novatel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No modem detected for Mifi 5792 - Novatel

I have worked so hard on this with no success. No matter what I tried, I could not get my Windows 8 computer to recognize the MiFi 5792. I never saw anything for Novatel listed in the Device Manager. I got a little further with an old Windows XP computer. It actually installed the drivers and I saw various things listed. At one point there were a few things listed under Ports, and one listed under "Other." However, they disappeared and it went back to just one item for Novatel listed under ports. I even got the dc-unlocker program to detect the modem, but then, it wouldn't let me click unlock. That was grayed out. (I had to work a bit to get the computer on the Internet. Then, I did get my account and credits verified, but the only button available under unlocking was to disable the ports. I clicked it, and all of the Novatel entries under ports, excepr one, disappeared and I couldn't get them back. Nor could I ever get the modem detected again.)
    I did find a utility on the Novatel site that installed drivers and updated the software on the modem. I did that, because I thought that at least I'd have the drivers installed. I did that before my first success in getting the modem detected. ) I did also turn off the USB tethering before I plugged the modem into the computer.

I tried adding devices under the Device manager on my computer. I tried navigation to the driver files downloaded from your site. They never worked or installed any new hardware, though, so I may not have used them correctly.

Do you have any suggestions?

You were not able to press unlock button because device was detected as unlocked, you must insert invalid sim card into device to get correct lock status and be able to unlock it. Complete guide to unlock it is here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/novatel-...d-unlock-guide
    >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Thanks. That's the guide I was following. However, it never said anything about changing the SIM card. Wish I'd known that. Now, I can't get the software to recognize the modem again. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by artbytes View Post
        Thanks. That's the guide I was following. However, it never said anything about changing the SIM card. Wish I'd known that. Now, I can't get the software to recognize the modem again. Bummer.
        Attempt to reset device, maybe this will help you. Switch tethering mode several times.
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Working...
        X