No announcement yet.

SIM Unlock for HP Envy 14-k110nr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, I got something more. Tried a different driver for the Smartcard reader. Now, sometimes, if I put the computer to sleep and then resume it, I can get Windows to see the carrier name and IMSI of the card.

With a WIND Mobile SIM inserted, and Windows acknowledging it, I went into DC again. This time the output is identical except it does say:
    SIM Lock status : Locked (CardLock)

Comment

Originally posted by cmstlist View Post
      Wait, I got something more. Tried a different driver for the Smartcard reader. Now, sometimes, if I put the computer to sleep and then resume it, I can get Windows to see the carrier name and IMSI of the card.

With a WIND Mobile SIM inserted, and Windows acknowledging it, I went into DC again. This time the output is identical except it does say:
      SIM Lock status : Locked (CardLock)
      So it was detected after all on program, please contact us on live support chat from web page when you can and have time, we will try to unlock it for you.
      >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post
        So it was detected after all on program, please contact us on live support chat from web page when you can and have time, we will try to unlock it for you.
        Thank you. It turns out this unit has a defective power button so it is either going to get replaced or repaired. Hence I probably should not buy credits trying to get a device unlocked until I am certain I have the device I am going to keep.

It looks like in my time zone (Vancouver, Canada) your live chat is open from 1-6 AM which is pretty much when I am supposed to be trying to get to sleep (although as you can see, I never manage to make it into bed by that time).

Comment

Thank you. It turns out this unit has a defective power button so it is either going to get replaced or repaired. Hence I probably should not buy credits trying to get a device unlocked until I am certain I have the device I am going to keep.

It looks like in my time zone (Vancouver, Canada) your live chat is open from 1-6 AM which is pretty much when I am supposed to be trying to get to sleep (although as you can see, I never manage to make it into bed by that time).
          Since device is not yet actually supported, we would provide beta test account for unlocking this module, no credits will be necessary to purchase.
          >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

Since device is not yet actually supported, we would provide beta test account for unlocking this module, no credits will be necessary to purchase.
            Oh that's very good to know. Anyway the defective button has given out completely and the laptop is now inoperable. I'm waiting to hear on a replacement unit. If it is also a cellular model I'll let you know and would be happy to beta test.

Comment

​I have the same modem - Huawei MU736 (T-Mobile lock) (Notebook - HP Envy k010us). Have the same problem unlocking it.
              But, there is a trick - how to put your modem on COM port.
              You should re-install GNSS Sensor using a driver in Program files x64 folder. There is a folder HP/HP HSPA+ or something like this. Change the driver.
              Then it shoul find a usdcdcam unknown device. Install a driver for it from the same folder.
              Now - you will have a modem on COM port (in my case 7 port).
              If you have an unlock code - there is a chance to unlock modem using Hyperterminal (Putty) by pasting: at^cardlock="your_code_here" and press ENTER.
              In my case - it doesn't work for me, but I know a man, who unlock his modem using this instruction.
              Waiting for solution.
              PS: Sorry for my English, i'm from Ukraine

Last edited by Azazavr; 2014-04-19, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Can I please also try your BETA-TEST-ACCOUNT? Thanks!

Comment

What sim card is there inserted at detect time? Original or other provider?

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                    What sim card is there inserted at detect time? Original or other provider?
                    DC detects it either way, including without a SIM, but only reports it locked if a non T-Mobile SIM is inserted.

Comment

DC detects it either way, including without a SIM, but only reports it locked if a non T-Mobile SIM is inserted.
                      Can you please send me a link to a drivers, that allow DC to detect this modem? Because only Hyperterminal works with modem. DC did not see it

Comment

The drivers I found were provided by Lenovo for Huawei MU732. I can't tell you the exact file I used because the computer is now inoperable due to a faulty power button. The key was to click the HP hs3114 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband Device in Device Manager, then switch to viewing devices by connection and move up one level to the USB Mobile Broadband Network Adapter Module. Apply the Huawei drivers to that device and then refresh, then some new devices will appear which you should also use the Huawei drivers for.

Comment

Please contact us by live chat from web page from Monday to Friday. From 11 to 19 gmt+2. Then we would be able to check more.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                            Please contact us by live chat from web page from Monday to Friday. From 11 to 19 gmt+2. Then we would be able to check more.
                            There is nothing to check because the computer is no longer bootable. I am waiting for the Microsoft Store to get me a replacement.

Comment

I did it! Now it's unlocked!
                              To do this - I have to install Windows 7 and update modem firmware and bios.
                              My HP ENVY 14-k010us Sleekbook modem is now unlocked!
                              Just test it.
                              Use my instructions - to get modem to be detected by DC
                              PS: sorry for my English

Comment

Originally posted by Azazavr View Post
                                I did it! Now it's unlocked! To do this - I have to install Windows 7 and update modem firmware and bios. My HP ENVY 14-k010us Sleekbook modem is now unlocked! Just test it. Use my instructions - to get modem to be detected by DC PS: sorry for my English
                                Wow that's pretty drastic. I got it detected in Windows 8.1 just using different drivers. Did the software understand how to unlock it automatically or did you need extra help from DCU support?

Comment

Working...
                                X