This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E160 USB Modem cannot unlock?

I have an E160 USB modem which for some reason your unlocker can't or will not unlock?

Can anyone help, or can i get a refund??

What problem you have ? Error ? Please write more details.

Comment

I don't have an error, i scan for device...

Device is found as an E160 etc...

I enter username and password in server and all is ok there, shows me as having 15 credits...

When i go to unlock i am unable to click it because it is not highlighted?

Comment

Maybe your modem is not locked ?
        Or you have left original sim inside ?

Comment

Please post there what is detected

Comment

Like i said, there are no error messages!

Here is what is detected with my imei edited for security reasons:

Detecting card :

Found modem : E160
            Model : Huawei E160/E160G/E160X
            IMEI : 123456789012345
            Firmware : 11.608.02.01.00
            Dashboard version : O2_08.10.15.405
            Serial NR. : **Removed**
            SIM Lock status : unknown(read failed)
            Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)
            Last edited by acoolwelshbloke; 2009-01-05, 11:02 AM. Reason: Removed serial number for security

Comment

There was question about sim card also? You take out sim card from modem ???

Modem with out sim
              Attach to PC
              Enter passwords to server tab, press check Login
              Press detect
              And unlock button must active.

Comment

If i leave a sim in the usb modem i get read error on the sim lock, if i take out the sim the software reads the modem as locked.

I unistalled the software an re installed it and now the unlock button is highlighted but when i click it the programme ceashes, i have windows vista on my desktop?

Comment

Good, then insert wrong SIM

Comment

Also if crashes, there can be that software try access to busy modem, close all software what can take modem control (like O2 manager and etc)
                    And maybe you have Windows XP ?

Comment

Ok i am going round in circles, if i connect the usb modem to my desktop with no sim card in it clearly states it's locked but if i connect it with a sim card inserted i get a sim lock read error. I get the error regardless if it's the supplied 02 sim card or a sim card from any other uk network?

If i try and unlock it with a sim card inserted then the unlock button is no highlighted however if i remove the sim card and try again i am able to click the unlock function but dc unlocker just freezes.

I have tried it with both the 02 dashboard installed and active/deactive as well as with it uninsalled.

My netbook runs linux so i have been unable to install the dc unlocker software on that, as pointed out earlier my desktop is running vista i don't have xp.

02 said i have 50 days to return this device, i may do that cause 02 mobile broadband is rubbish and i wanted to use t-mobile, the dongle is £50 on t-mobile where i only paid £25 for the same dongle on 02.

Comment

Now i look to server side ..... and surprise ... There no any request from your side. There means you newer press check login, there no any request from client software about unlock . Sorry was one (only one) check login before first your post.

Now possible reasons :

1. You try unlock modem that is at same time connected to internet.
                        2. You have firewall blocked dc-unlocker and client software freezes at connecting to server, because blocked.
                        3. You go circles because you plan return modem to O2 and not want unlock. If this case no need go this way (that cannot unlock) , but simple tell that need refund, because credits is not needed and in few hours you will have refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Arunas View Post
                          Now i look to server side ..... and surprise ... There no any request from your side. There means you newer press check login, there no any request from client software about unlock . Sorry was one (only one) check login before first your post.

Now possible reasons :

1. You try unlock modem that is at same time connected to internet.
                          I am connected to home wifi, i have tried using 02 mobile broadband and it connects ok so cannot be faulty dongle.

2. You have firewall blocked dc-unlocker and client software freezes at connecting to server, because blocked.
                          How do i fix if that is the case?

3. You go circles because you plan return modem to O2 and not want unlock. If this case no need go this way (that cannot unlock) , but simple tell that need refund, because credits is not needed and in few hours you will have refund.
                          Not at all, i will only return it if i cannot unlock it. I have used it now to test it worked in case my dongle was faulty so i may not be able to return it now! I got the dongle on 02 pay go cause i guessed at £25 plus the £15 unlocking fee it worked out £10 cheaper than getting the T-Mobile one plus i would have an unlocked dongle which may come in handy for future use.

If i can get this unlocked then i will be happy. I just cannot understand what i am doing wrong, ohh and with regards to you saying i only logged in to the server once is incorrect i have logged in several times and it shows i have 15 creds available each time?

Comment

Originally posted by acoolwelshbloke View Post
                            I am connected to home wifi, i have tried using 02 mobile broadband and it connects ok so cannot be faulty dongle.

How do i fix if that is the case?

Not at all, i will only return it if i cannot unlock it. I have used it now to test it worked in case my dongle was faulty so i may not be able to return it now! I got the dongle on 02 pay go cause i guessed at £25 plus the £15 unlocking fee it worked out £10 cheaper than getting the T-Mobile one plus i would have an unlocked dongle which may come in handy for future use.

If i can get this unlocked then i will be happy. I just cannot understand what i am doing wrong, ohh and with regards to you saying i only logged in to the server once is incorrect i have logged in several times and it shows i have 15 creds available each time?
                            Hi...great!!!...never I've see all this problem!!!
                            First of all connect from another network out of modem that be unlocked.
                            Second, check if the modem is correctly detected from o.s. via dc-unl. autodetect.
                            Third you have hardware-firewall in home???...please remove it!!
                            Fourth unlock it (in 3 seconds but must have credit inside!)
                            For experience this work in Vista an XP, but suggest you XP because is more stable than Uista.

Comment

Well i took my dongle back to the 02 shop and they would not refund as i have used it, i told them it was faulty bla bla bla so they exchanged the dongle so i will try and unlock it later as i have to pop out!

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                              X