Mifi 4620L unlock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
    Please contact us by live chat on working hours from Monday to Friday from 11 to 17 gmt+2 and we will try to check what may be wrong.
    Now my Mifi 4620L is unlocked with live chat support. Great job! Thank you very much.

Comment

• monomo
      monomo commented
      Editing a comment
      What sim are you going to use in this?

Novatel Mifi 4620L is now supported and can be unlocked with 0975 version of DC-Unlocker software. Download it here: http://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/get/l7J5OhI

Comment

The new V1.00.0975 does not detect my MiFi 4620L.

First, when I ran the firmware update according to the instruction on

it says the Device Upgrade Failed, no devices were found. Please check your decvice connection and try again. My PC is Windows 7 Home (and I tried with Win 7 Pro and Win Vista, too).

BTW, why the instruction says to upgrade the MiFi4620L firmware with MiFi4510L FW 2.28.02? Does this install some kind of a trick?

Then, when I ran DC-Unlocker V1.00.0975 with Novatel/Autodetect, it says modem not found !

Any help?

Comment

OK, got the correct MiFi4620L driver installed.
        Now, DC Unlocker V1.00.0975 detects my MiFi4620L, but says
        sorry, this modem not supported !

When I try to run DUU_Verizon_MiFi4510L_FW2.28.02.exe, it says
        Firmware version (3.20.03) is not supported by this DUU!

What to do?

Comment

Originally posted by alex_CO View Post
          OK, got the correct MiFi4620L driver installed.
          Now, DC Unlocker V1.00.0975 detects my MiFi4620L, but says

When I try to run DUU_Verizon_MiFi4510L_FW2.28.02.exe, it says
          Firmware version (3.20.03) is not supported by this DUU!

What to do?
          I had the same problem at the beginning with mine MiFi4620L. This looks a driver issue. I did the following:
          1) Install the drivers for 4620L that you can find here:
          production.4620.verizon.mifiupdates.com/Windows/MiFi4620LWin.zip
          2) Install the drivers for 4510L running the file MIFI4510DriverInstaller...exe (that comes in the ZIP file in the DC-unlocker instructions for Mifi 4620L).
          I don't know the reason but after just doing it (without running the DUU_Verizon_MiFi4510L...exe) and reconnecting the Mifi 4620L to the USB port, the 4620L drivers were installed correctly, the DC Unlocker could detect it correctly and the last version 0975 should not say "sorry, this modem not supported !" allowing you to unlock.

Comment

Thanks for the comment.

I already had the MiFi4510Land MiFi4620L drivers installed.
            But, I removed 4620L drivers, and then reinstalled it on my Windows XP netbook; disconnected the USB cable from my XP netbook, and attached it again with MF4620L with USB tethering ON. This time, "sorry, this modem not supported !" message did not show up. And, I could unlock it.

I was not successfull with Windows Vista nor 7. But, I don't know if I was not patient enough.

Comment

New here. I've read ALL of the entries in this thread...and I'm now responding to one of the most recent AND one that seems to have made the most progress.

Has it been determined: IF / How to unlock the MiFi4620L ?

I get the impression most people here are discussing Euro and Australian issues. I'm in the U.S., and maybe ALL Verizon DEVICES purchased here are UN-lockable ? (I need to use this in Central America...)
              Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by kevcosta
                I get the impression most people here are discussing Euro and Australian issues. I'm in the U.S., and maybe ALL Verizon DEVICES purchased here are UN-lockable ? (I need to use this in Central America...)
                Thanks !
                That is what you think until you call Verizon customer service and the usually-eager-to-help-you-unlock-any-Verizon-device customer service has no solution to unlock MiFi4620L. Even a foolish customer service will tell you that the MiFi4620L is sold factory unlocked, which is not true.

And, I am based in USA. What other countries sell a Verizon LTE device whose LTE frequency is limited only to the Verizon service?

Comment

First, sorry...I mean't to say "UN-unlockable". In other words, Verizon devices sold in the US can NOT be unlocked. Which sounds like what you're saying here anyway.
                  But then, if I read your earlier post of March 2012 correctly, you say you DID unlock it. Did you? If so, how?
                  (I'm a tech idiot ! So, I don't really understand the specifics of what you and "edcecconi" are saying.)
                  Thanks for ANY help and guidance you can offer !

Comment

Oh, and by-the-way....I had to laugh (sadly) re: your comment about Verizon customer "service". Because MY multiple attempts with MANY people there have proven that they are not only usually-eager-to-help-you-(do-NOTHING)-with-any-Verizon-device But also, as you said, they have no solution
                    VERY disappointing company.
                    Last edited by kevcosta; 2012-11-21, 08:01 PM. Reason: mistakes

Comment

Verizon's US domestic-only CDMA phones/data davices are not unlockable.

Verizon's Global-ready CDMA/GSM dual-mode or LTE/CDMA/GSM tri-mode devices, such as Blackberry, iPhone 4S (but not iPhone 4) and 5, many Droid models are unlockable. In most cases, you just need to call Verizon customer service for unlock after 60-days of service, and thye'll happily unlock them. There's a limit of unlocking two devices per year per account.

MiFi4620L is a Global-ready LTE/CDMA/GSM device, and it should be unlocked by Verizon. But, Verizon customer service somehow doesn't have internal manual for unlocking this device. Even the customer service staff I spoke with was buffled that she couldn't find one.

It can now be unlocked, however, with DC-Unlocker software V1.00.0975 from this web site.
                      The instruction is here

But, the first step in the instruction above may not work correctly.You need to follow edcecconi 's comment in this thread.
                      It costs you 10 euro to buy the unlock credit from DC-Unclocker and unlock Mifi4620L.

All you need is
                      - Download DC-Unlocker software V1.00.0975 from this web site
                      - Register your login ID and buy 10 Euro unlock credit from this web site
                      - Run it on a Windows PC (I was successful unlocking mine with Windows XP PC, but not Win7/Vista)
                      - Follow the instruction in the above link or edcecconi 's comment to install drivers for MiFi4620L (and MiFi4510L)
                      - Connect your MiFi4620L to the PC with USB cable
                      - Follow the rest of the instruction in the above link
                      And, with luck, it will be unlocked.

Comment

Thank you VERY much alex_CO !

I will give this a try ....

K

Comment

I do all of this:

Novatel Mifi4620L unlock procedure.
                          Download firmware update
                          Extract files in your computer and launch
                          “DUU_Verizon_Mifi4510L_FW2.28.02.exe"
                          and....I also installed "4510DriverInstaller etc."
                          as suggested by edcecconi

And I get this message in the DUU and "This program cannot be run in DOS mode."

Comment

I was able to see the 4620L but it says it is not supported
                            selection :
                            manufacturer - Novatel
                            model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : MiFi4620L
                            IMEI : 990000930536463
                            Serial NR. : SR190212600012
                            Firmware : 3.20.03
                            Compile date / time : Jan 30 2012 11:14:41
                            Chipset : Qualcomm MDM9600
                            NAND Flash : TOSHIBA
                            SIM Lock status : Locked (PH-NET PIN)

Comment

Originally posted by kdelyria View Post
                              I was able to see the 4620L but it says it is not supported
                              selection :
                              manufacturer - Novatel
                              model - Auto detect (recommended)

Found modem : MiFi4620L
                              IMEI : 990000930536463
                              Serial NR. : SR190212600012
                              Firmware : 3.20.03
                              Compile date / time : Jan 30 2012 11:14:41
                              Chipset : Qualcomm MDM9600
                              NAND Flash : TOSHIBA
                              SIM Lock status : Locked (PH-NET PIN)

Please contact us by live from web page on working hours from 11 to 17 gmt+2 from Monday to Friday and we hope to fix this problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X