Mifi 4620L unlock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All,

After this device being supported by DC-unlocker Verizon seemed to release an OTA Firmware update to 3.20.11 which then breaks the DUU application.

(Firmware version (3.20.11) is not supported by this DUU!)

I recommend not performing this firmware update so you can still unlock the device. I STUPIDLY did so the other day before I checked back to see if any progress was made on unlocking this device and now, once again, stuck on it being locked.

Comment

Originally posted by tsolaaa View Post
      All,

After this device being supported by DC-unlocker Verizon seemed to release an OTA Firmware update to 3.20.11 which then breaks the DUU application.

(Firmware version (3.20.11) is not supported by this DUU!)

I recommend not performing this firmware update so you can still unlock the device. I STUPIDLY did so the other day before I checked back to see if any progress was made on unlocking this device and now, once again, stuck on it being locked.
      Take that back, even though I performed the OTA update, I was still able to unlock the device without changing the firmware indicated in the instructions.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tsolaaa View Post
        Take that back, even though I performed the OTA update, I was still able to unlock the device without changing the firmware indicated in the instructions.

Thanks!
        How?? I am still getting the error firmware version not supported.

Comment

Originally posted by henryp174 View Post
          How?? I am still getting the error firmware version not supported.
          To be honest, I don't fully remember. After I realized what I did I just tried the instructions anyways. I *think* I just ignored the whole firmware update process on the box and instead just went ahead with the DC-Unlocker application and performed the unlock without any issues.

Comment

Used edcecconi's instructions on Verizon MiFi 4620L - WORKS!

I'm headed to Spain for a business trip this month and wanted to use a local 3G or 4G SIM card with my Verizon MiFi 4620L hotspot that has firmware ver. 3.20.11

I followed edcecconi's instructions and then ran the latest version of the DC Unlocker software, bought 10 credits, and in DC Unlocker for manufacturer I selected "Novatel", and for 'select model' I left that as "auto detect (recommended)" -- and it found the hotspot fine! I logged in with the username/pass I bought, clicked "Unlock" and viola! UNLOCKED!

Now I'm looking forward to buying a Vodafone or other network's 3G/4G SIM card in Spain and NOT having to pay Verizon's $20/MB surcharge just for having their brand name on the MiFi.

Just wanted to confirm the DC-Unlocker software works for those in the U.S. who are considering using this software to unlock their MiFi issued by Verizon.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, if use install both 4620 and 4510 drivers, you can tether to the MiFi via USB cable and use its internet connection that way so you can charge it at the same time when it's active/on.

Comment

can this be used with an at&t sim after unlocking? If so how?

Comment

Originally posted by henryp174 View Post
                  can this be used with an at&t sim after unlocking? If so how?
                  After unlock you can use any provider sim card.

Comment

4620l unlocked but not working

Hi I am brand new to forums
                    I successfully unlocked my Novatel 4620l and inserted my AT&T sim from my iPhone. The mifi searched and found 3 bars and said 'Verizon GSM ready' which I found strange!?! Anyway it appears to be working but I am unable to connect to wifi. Any help for me as I need it! Thanks very much leslie

Comment

I see that under the WWAN settings you can change the APN but no entires for Username/Password/Number etc.

I haven't been overseas since I unlocked mine so never had the chance to use it.

Anyone who also successfully unlocked their device, were you actually able to get the device online with a foreign SIM? A lot of providers will require a username/pass along with the APN.

IE:

Code:
                      Blau.DE		

APN	internet.eplus.de eintragen	
                      User:	blau	
                      Pass:	blau
                      Last edited by tsolaaa; 2013-03-24, 08:41 PM.

Comment

i just want to kown how to create new profile,i am in china,and can not use china telecom simcard to connect to internet

Comment

Originally posted by shuijingghi View Post
                          i just want to kown how to create new profile,i am in china,and can not use china telecom simcard to connect to internet
                          See this guide here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/mifi4620...lock-procedure for firmware update, you should be able to change apn settings then. If after firmware update your device will get locked, unlock again using same username/password , it wont cost any additional credits.
                          >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

when i at first step install the "DUU_Verizon_Mifi4510L_FW2.28.02.exe", it appears a warning "firmware version (3.20.03) is not supported by this DUU", what is the problem?and what should i do?

Comment

Originally posted by shuijingghi View Post
                              when i at first step install the "DUU_Verizon_Mifi4510L_FW2.28.02.exe", it appears a warning "firmware version (3.20.03) is not supported by this DUU", what is the problem?and what should i do?
                              Unfortunately, but then it seems that your current firmware is not supported for that Device Upgrade Utility to work. As we do not give support about flashing devices, i do not have information about possible solution in this situation, you might need to downgrade your current firmware for this duu to work.
                              >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

wont unlock

windows 7 all updates for dc unlocked help please"

Comment

Working...
                                X