Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have tried multiple different .APP files, some fail throughout the process, others which do succeed (as per the log) provide the same result.

I do not believe that there is a .IMG file for the P9 (EVA-L09) so method 2 won't work?

Comment

• The guide confused me! After Step 1 (of Method 1), it says "your phone should boot up" - well, it didn't "boot up" - it went into eRecovery.

However - on a different PC, installing HiSuite *AFTER* having the phone connected in Upgrade mode (Vol - and Vol + then connect USB), it installed the drivers, and allowed it to be selected in the Upgrade Mode in DC-Phoenix.

I have now been able to perform Step 2, and, although the phone got to 99% and then said it failed, DC-Phoenix did actually finish the upgrade successfully - and it has now booted up successfully.

I will update my thread(s) on XDA Developers with this information - hopefully it will help others.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConfusedTA View Post
        The guide confused me! After Step 1 (of Method 1), it says "your phone should boot up" - well, it didn't "boot up" - it went into eRecovery.

However - on a different PC, installing HiSuite *AFTER* having the phone connected in Upgrade mode (Vol - and Vol + then connect USB), it installed the drivers, and allowed it to be selected in the Upgrade Mode in DC-Phoenix.

I have now been able to perform Step 2, and, although the phone got to 99% and then said it failed, DC-Phoenix did actually finish the upgrade successfully - and it has now booted up successfully.

I will update my thread(s) on XDA Developers with this information - hopefully it will help others.
        Interesting situation, but thank you for lettings us know it. Upgrade mode on dc-unlocker is completely same as update from SD card.
        >>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

• The update from SD card failed completely for me - whether it's a failing SD card, or something else... I do not know.

However, via DC-Phoenix Upgrade Mode did work

Comment

• hi, i've a problema..after flashing update.app with dc phoenix my p9 is remaing in boot loop (only one passage has failed: the xloader partition update....FAILED), if I proceed with the step 2 dc phoenix detect the p9 but after a few passage the program lose the connection with the device and my device shows: installation failed etc.. On my sd (the internal memory of the device) I had a dload folder with the update.app, its possible that this folder is creating some problems? please help me I'm not figure out..sorry for my bad English

Comment

• Originally posted by Nic089 View Post
              hi, i've a problema..after flashing update.app with dc phoenix my p9 is remaing in boot loop (only one passage has failed: the xloader partition update....FAILED), if I proceed with the step 2 dc phoenix detect the p9 but after a few passage the program lose the connection with the device and my device shows: installation failed etc.. On my sd (the internal memory of the device) I had a dload folder with the update.app, its possible that this folder is creating some problems? please help me I'm not figure out..sorry for my bad English
              1st step is to flash phone in fastboot only then in upgrade mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

1st step is to flash phone in fastboot only then in upgrade mode.
                i flashed the phone in fast mode with dc phoenix (step1)(all correct but only one error: xloader partition update....FAILED), then I proceeded with step2 by upgrading with dc phoenix but the upgrading fails, I haven't yet tested the upgrade via sd card

Comment

• Hi! I was unable to update my phone's firmware by your tool. Its HUAWEI mate 9 MHA-L29C636B112.zip and tried to flash B136, from huawei server. But process have finished with "incomplete" phrase. And now I still have 112 (Thanks god it works) What I Have to do?

Build number: :MHA-L29C636B112
                  Product model: MHA-L29

Writing PACKAGE_TYPE partition with file D:\DC_Phoenix\PACKAGE_TYPE.img
                  PACKAGE_TYPE partition UPDATE ...FAILED
                  Cannot get FBlock info from device
                  Activating backdoor: DONE

Writing HISIUFS_GPT partition with file D:\DC_Phoenix\HISIUFS_GPT.img
                  HISIUFS_GPT partition UPDATE ...FAILED

Then everything is OK

Final Is
                  Writing device finished - INCOMPLETE
                  Last edited by Headsand; 2017-02-03, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headsand View Post
                    Hi! I was unable to update my phone's firmware by your tool. Its HUAWEI mate 9 MHA-L29C636B112.zip and tried to flash B136, from huawei server. But process have finished with "incomplete" phrase. And now I still have 112 (Thanks god it works) What I Have to do?

Build number: :MHA-L29C636B112
                    Product model: MHA-L29

Cannot get FBlock info from device
                    Activating backdoor: DONE

Writing HISIUFS_GPT partition with file D:\DC_Phoenix\HISIUFS_GPT.img
                    HISIUFS_GPT partition UPDATE ...FAILED

Then everything is OK

Final Is
                    Writing device finished - INCOMPLETE
                    Not all partitions is accessible from fastboot
                    You must repeat flashing same UPDATE.APP file in update mode (or SD card) described in guide as step 2!
                    https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial

Comment

• Hello.
                      I have huawei mate 9 MHA-AL00 (China)
                      I want to change the firmware of China MHA-AL00C00B165 => Europe MHA-L29C432
                      I have a Full OTA update.zip firmware MHA-L29C432B136
                      (Includes files: boot.img, system.img etc.)
                      I have: Bootloader LOCK
                      Can I change the firmware via the DC Phoenix?
                      OEMinfo?
                      Please help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wakko View Post
                        Hello.
                        I have huawei mate 9 MHA-AL00 (China)
                        I want to change the firmware of China MHA-AL00C00B165 => Europe MHA-L29C432
                        I have a Full OTA update.zip firmware MHA-L29C432B136
                        (Includes files: boot.img, system.img etc.)
                        I have: Bootloader LOCK
                        Can I change the firmware via the DC Phoenix?
                        OEMinfo?
                        Please help.
                        You can try to, but it will be same as update from SD card. Use it at yoru own risk. We advise to use only full stock roms not updates for flashing as chances to damage device increases significantly otherwise.
                        Flashing iin fastboot will be possible, then will need to repeat flashing from upgrade mode as not all partitions can be flashed from fastboot.
                        Last edited by Valdemaras; 2017-02-23, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• hi, tried to upgrade/change my mate9 firmware, but after starting the upgrade function in DC Phoenix, i've got the following error :

PACKAGE_TYPE
                          Error downloading file 5 of 26

Mate 9 breaks Software installation with "Software install failed"

both versions tried :
                          L29C636B110 to B136
                          L29C432B138 fresh install

B110 is the offline ROM for dload sd card install, B136 is a full stock, like the B138

any suggestions?

Comment

• cuantos creditos debo comprar para utilizar dc phoenix? (how much credits i need buy for use dcphoenix?)

Comment

• Originally posted by D Erk Mont View Post
                              cuantos creditos debo comprar para utilizar dc phoenix? (how much credits i need buy for use dcphoenix?)
                              Need 15 credits to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DierkS1976 View Post
                                hi, tried to upgrade/change my mate9 firmware, but after starting the upgrade function in DC Phoenix, i've got the following error :

PACKAGE_TYPE
                                Error downloading file 5 of 26

Mate 9 breaks Software installation with "Software install failed"

both versions tried :
                                L29C636B110 to B136
                                L29C432B138 fresh install

B110 is the offline ROM for dload sd card install, B136 is a full stock, like the B138

any suggestions?
                                You could try flashing first with factory firmware from our support area, then upgrade to stock rom that you have, though this is a more risky aproach and if phone works fine now i would not do it in your place.

Comment

Working...
                                X