This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tineebel View Post
    Support to fix brick P10 Plus VKY-L29C636 ?
    Download the andriod usb drivers 2 from the support area and install, after that follow method 3 from here https://www.dc-unlocker.com/flash-br...-huawei-1-mode

Comment

• Hi

I have a bricked Huawei MediaPad M3 and want to use DC Pheonix and HCU to fix it.

I have read the guides but am still not confident about using the tools.

https://forum.dc-unlocker.com/forum/...nix#post155916
      https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei-p...ng-in-fastboot
      http://hcu-client.com/huawei-phone-c...vendor-repair/

Background:

I bought a US 32 GB Wifi version Huawei MediaPad M3 DTV-W09C128 which ran Marshmallow when originally bought. 802.11ac 5 GHz Wifi has been disabled on all US Huawei M3's.

I tried to unlock the M3 but was unsuccessful, but did manage to generate a Product ID and made a note of the S/N.

I had difficulties locating online complete Huawei stock full-OTA firmware for the M3 US Wifi version (DTV-W09C128), especially the early Marshmallow ones.

I read online that it is not possible to flash Nougat directly on the M3, but must upgrade from the latest Marshmallow version.

Bricking the M3:

I upgraded from Marshmallow to Nougat via OTA, and then downgraded to Marshmallow using two European firmware downgrade files from
      https://consumer.huawei.com/it/suppo...mediapad-m3-8/

After this downgrade, the Build Number showed DTV-W09C100B006 which is European (C100) Marshmallow B006.

However, I then opened the calculator in landscape mode and enter () () 2,846,579 () () =
      finding under Vendor Country Info

Vendor: hw

By mistake, I then flashed using the three button Vol+/Vol-/Power Button method the first Update.App file (in dload folder on a micro sd card) of the two-step Nougat downgrade when my tablet was still running Marshmallow, with the first of the same two files from
      https://consumer.huawei.com/it/suppo...mediapad-m3-8/

The tablet now shows Huawei logo in a loop.

The three button Vol+/Vol-/Power Button method no longer works.

I entered fastboot & rescue mode using Vol-/Power, and saw AP_S_ABNORMAL, PHONE_LOCK and FRP_LOCK.

Using HiSuite system recovery procedure led to "Your device is not supported for system recovery".

I would appreciate any relevant pointers in using DC Phoenix and HCU on the Huawei M3, especially regarding:

1. What is the right firmware? Can I flash Nougat directly using DC Phoenix? Which firmware should be used?

2. How to find the right firmware to flash?

3. Should I change the hardware oeminfo from US to Europe to regain 5 GHz Wifi? Is this to be done using HCU?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
      Last edited by reach9; 2018-04-23, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• 1. We certainly won't know it. Best one is the stock that was in device when it was purchased. You can try to flash it, but there is no guarantee if it will work as your device is not listed in supported models of DC-phoenix.
        2. The right firmware is stock one that was in device when it was purchased.
        3.HCU also does not have your device listed as supported, so chances it will work are very slim.

>>Free Octohide VPN for Android, find it on Google Play Here<<

Comment

• i cant sign, shows error

Comment

• Originally posted by Wachupe View Post
            i cant sign, shows error
            Need more details.

Comment

• I have bricked my huawei p10 lite by using erecovery.
              If i use the dc unlocker it says my phone is p8 lite.
              Nothing shows up on screen, vibration doesn't work, but it is detected in fastboot mode.

​​​​​​Will dc phoenix fix my phone if i flash warsaw - l21c432 firmware to my phone?
              I mean will it rename it back to p10 lite and make everything work, i don't know if erecovery contains anything else besides the files found in update.app.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidhozic View Post
                I have bricked my huawei p10 lite by using erecovery.
                If i use the dc unlocker it says my phone is p8 lite.
                Nothing shows up on screen, vibration doesn't work, but it is detected in fastboot mode.

​​​​​​Will dc phoenix fix my phone if i flash warsaw - l21c432 firmware to my phone?
                I mean will it rename it back to p10 lite and make everything work, i don't know if erecovery contains anything else besides the files found in update.app.
                There is no guarantee that it will work, but you certainly can attempt it. Guide here: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial

Comment

• Originally posted by Valdemaras View Post

There is no guarantee that it will work, but you certainly can attempt it. Guide here: https://www.dc-unlocker.com/DC-Phoen...epair-tutorial
                  But if it doesn't work do i get a refun
                  ​refund?..
                  (I'm not going to charge back if it works but i find it a waste of 15$ if it doesn't. I can screen record to proove if it doesn't work)

Comment

• I just saved a bricked phone using the testpoint method. But I also bought a defective P9 Lite a couple of months ago. The seller told me that it wouldn't start since a software update. Now I am trying to revive this phone also with the testpoint method, but all I get is this output:
                    Code:
                    05.05.2018 15:52:15 Starting to write device in FASTBOOT mode...
                    File to update: VNS-DL00&VNS-L21&VNS-L31_MAA001052_Board Software_inc_testpoint(1).dgtks
                    Device detected:
                    COM6: HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 (COM6)

Writing bootloader...
                    Writing VNS-DL00&VNS-L21&VNS-L31_MAA001052_Board Software_inc_testpoint(1)_4.dtwork...
                    Error writing Bootloader
                    05.05.2018 15:52:36 Writing device finished - INCOMPLETE
                    Is there any hope left? Some secret trick? I'm afraid that the Flash IC is defective.

Comment

But if it doesn't work do i get a refun
                      ​refund?..
                      (I'm not going to charge back if it works but i find it a waste of 15$ if it doesn't. I can screen record to proove if it doesn't work)
                      You can get refund only if flashing wasn't done. End with an "ERROR", if it ends with "INCOMPLETE" or "OK" messages then not eligible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Montage View Post
                        I just saved a bricked phone using the testpoint method. But I also bought a defective P9 Lite a couple of months ago. The seller told me that it wouldn't start since a software update. Now I am trying to revive this phone also with the testpoint method, but all I get is this output:
                        Code:
                        05.05.2018 15:52:15 Starting to write device in FASTBOOT mode...
                        File to update: VNS-DL00&VNS-L21&VNS-L31_MAA001052_Board Software_inc_testpoint(1).dgtks
                        Device detected:
                        COM6: HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 (COM6)

Writing bootloader...
                        Writing VNS-DL00&VNS-L21&VNS-L31_MAA001052_Board Software_inc_testpoint(1)_4.dtwork...
                        Error writing Bootloader
                        05.05.2018 15:52:36 Writing device finished - INCOMPLETE
                        Is there any hope left? Some secret trick? I'm afraid that the Flash IC is defective.
                        Maybe you are from Europe? We would like to receive this phone here to our place and look closer on it's problem since it's a common thing for this model.

Comment

• That would be awesome! I live in Germany...

Comment

• Originally posted by Miss Montage View Post
                            That would be awesome! I live in Germany...
                            I'll talk about your situation and inform you via private message.

Comment

• Thank god for dc phoenix, it fully unbricked my p10 lite.
                              The only thing now is the nfc turning it self on and off... any ideas on a fix?

Comment

Thank god for dc phoenix, it fully unbricked my p10 lite.
                                The only thing now is the nfc turning it self on and off... any ideas on a fix?
                                Ok nevermid, my phone just keeps on saying that my data partition is damaged and when i click erase it just restarts and the problem isn't fixed.
                                It sortof worked the first time but now it just wouldn't work at atll.

Comment

Working...
                                X